If you would like to support Christa and I in our efforts to raise money for the Concord Hospital Payson Center Lend Me A Hand please see the link below.

The Lend Me a Hand Fund is a Concord Hospital Trust charitable fund that supports special and unique needs of Payson Center for Cancer Care patients. Monies from the Fund are used to support out-of-pocket expenses for cancer patients in need including transportation costs, prescription and grocery expenses and other items that enhance a patient’s quality of life.


Monday, July 15, 2019

July 15,2019

As I was saying it was a busy June. Senior proms and graduations

 
 
Senior Prom!
 
  •  July has been a busy month also.  We had the 10th  Mountain Memorial Service in Landaff , New Hampshire. My Dad was in the 10th Mountain Division. He decided to start this Memorial Garden in 1993 where we grew up as children on our farm.  It was to honor the special men who served as 10th mountain troopers during World Ward II. This garden that Dad created started with only four crosses. The comrades that he loved and lost during the war. The garden grew each year and family, friends and loved ones came from afar. When my Dad passed away we had to sell the farm. The garden grew and had over one hundred crosses of these veterans who fought during World War II. I am so proud of my Dad. We were fortunate enough to have a descendent and husband that wanted to carry on this legacy. What wonderful people! My mom and two other wives were there to honor their husbands. No veterans!
 
                              Mom and her dear friend.

 
A  section of the Memorial Garden!
 
Guess I got carried away but I am so proud of my Dad and go every year to this service .
A few negative things going on right now in my life but trying to deal with them. One of my dear friends father, has just been diagnosed with a brain tumor and there is nothing that they can do! When are they ever going to find a cure for cancer. Have reach out to an organization called Billy's Buddies. An organization for people battling melanoma. It is just nice to be able to talk with someone who is dealing with the same diagnosis that I have been fighting. Will try and write in my blog more frequently
Hanging in there and remaining positive 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment! Bonnie loves to hear from you.